A Fresh Start
I was inadvertently awake at midnight last night because someone whose name might be Lorelei might have woken up because she might have peed about a gallon after we had put her to bed. It might have been sometime around midnight. I was perfectly okay with having gone to bed around 10 since I’m old. Also, I’m really effing tired.
I didn’t even realize that today was the beginning of a new decade until maybe an hour ago. Lame, I know. In the spirit of a brand new beginning, here are a few things I want to accomplish this year:
- Learn to knit in the round.
- Take a vacation (even if only for a couple days) without the husband or daughter
- Possibly related to #2, attend some sort of blog-related conference or meet-up
- Be more fearless in the kitchen
- Start a savings account
- Read at least 2 books per month. My inner English nerd is very disappointed in me.
- Spend more time exploring St Louis with Lorelei
- Take photos – or find some I’ve already taken – that I would want to blow-up and frame/hang them on the bare bedroom wall
- Sign up for a class of some sort
- Take better care of my personal hygiene. I know that sounds gross, but I have gotten really lazy when it comes to things like plucking my eyebrows, shaving my legs, doing my hair, keeping my nails nice, etc. Just because I’m a mommy now doesn’t mean I can let myself go completely.
What are your goals for the new year? Can you help me out with any of mine?