Things have been pretty boring around here lately. I think we might still be recovering from our vacation and adjusting back to normal life. Days go by in exactly the same way: wake up, breakfast, nap, play time, Yo Gabba Gabba (or Backyardigans or whatever is new on demand), lunch time, nap, chores, dinner, bed, mommy and daddy time. Written out like that, I think I might be boring myself. There is so rarely any alteration in that schedule and goodness knows it isn’t very exciting, so today my post is in bullets:
- Today was free laundry day at our apartment complex as part of resident appreciation week. I made the mistake of not doing the load of whites – including my bras – last night when I had the chance. Brian was at work and Lorelei was a pain to get down for bed that by that point I didn’t feel like running over there. So, because I had no clean BRAS! I had to brave the insanity that was the laundry room. Including possibly stealing the only remaining washing machine from a little asian man who I don’t think spoke English very well. Accidental deeb.
- I made up a new word: deeb. Short for douchebag. Trying to break my swearing habit.
- In the category of TMI: Flo is here to visit again and let me tell you, I have not missed her the last year and a half. Sheesh.
- Yesterday, I tried almond milk. SO GOOD! I hated hated hated soy milk when I’ve had it in the past, but this is good. Hurray for milk substitutes so I don’t have to deal with my lactose intolerance issues!
- Lorelei likes Yo Gabba Gabba. And I mean really really really really REALLY REEEEAAAALLLLLLLLYYY likes it. I put it on one day, so I could have twenty minutes of quiet and not having to keep her from getting into things and she stared at it like it was the GREATEST. THING. EVER. Wow. I don’t want her to be a couch potato, but it was just too easy…
- DJ Lance is my hero. Brian is afraid of him.
- Lorelei hates the vacuum. She has to be in another room with either Brian or myself while the other one does the vacuuming and even then she’ll scream. Makes keeping the floors clean kind of hard.
Okay. That’s all. Go about your business now.