In A Sunbeam
Yesterday was a good day. And since I can very rarely say that of a Monday, that statement deserves some celebration. Mondays mean the beginning of another work week for the husband and the beginning of another week of trying to keep another human being entertained all by myself for eight hours a day. Somehow, I managed that better than usual. Yesterday we:
- Drove Daddy to work. Then I was bad and went to Starbucks even though I’m not supposed to be having coffee.
- Lorelei scoot/crawled around the bedroom while I folded laundry and changed the sheets. And she managed to not smash her fingers in the dresser drawer like she might have done the day before.
- Around 11 she was completely pooped and went to sleep for an hour.
- In the afternoon, because it was hot as hell outside, I packed her up for a stroll around the blissfully cool mall. If it hadn’t been so hot, I would have taken a stroll around the apartment complex but when the temperature is pushing 100, you have to improvise.
- I succeeded in not purchasing a single thing – although there were at least five things I really wanted – other than a Ben & Jerry’s milkshake
- Brian cooked, I did laundry and then we put the daughter to bed by eight and I read more of The Girl Who Played With Fire
It was a day of domestic housewifely bliss. And for an hour in the early afternoon, Lorelei chased the cats behind the curtains in her bedroom and played in a sunbeam. Doesn’t she look like an angel?