My husband‘s birthday was today. He is no longer a twenty-something. There are no words to describe how much he means to me and how lucky I am to have him as a part of my life. He is my best friend.
A few bits and pieces to round out the week:
- It seems that Lorelei has begun teething. Or else she is just a whiny little bitch sometimes and the only thing that calms her down is sucking on her frozen teething toy, go figure. There went sleeping through the night. Sigh.
- I found out last night that American Girls discontinued the Kirsten doll. The news was completely devastating to me. I’ve had my doll since the early nineties and I really wanted to be able to (now that I’m older and a little more able to afford it) buy more of her clothes and accessories and stuff and play with her with my daughter. It sounds weird, but there you go. The stuff on eBay (for the non-knock off original items) is crazy expensive (although we scored a pretty good deal today on one outfit – and yes I bought one even though my doll is still at my parents house and Lorelei won’t be old enough to play with her for awhile).
- I’m about ready to leave bags of flaming poo on my neighbor’s doorstep if she blasts her car stereo one more time. I almost had a complete nervous breakdown because I was exhausted (baby teething, no sleeping) and really wanted to be able to take a nap today while the husband was home, but I couldn’t sleep because it sounded like the stereo was in my own house. Ugh.
- Apparently, despite calling twice, the cops don’t give a shit about noise complaints and never showed up. I realize, in my neighborhood there are probably more important crimes to be dealt with, but I am sleep deprived, hormonal and not well-medicated (cause I forgot my pills yesterday, oops).
- Baby laughs can cure anything: